page

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For Victims, More Indictments the Way to 'Justice'

Say Mony, VOA Khmer
Wednesday, 05 July  2011


As the Khmer Rouge tribunal moves toward a trial of four jailed leaders of the regime, many victims say they want more indictments from the UN-backed court.

The court has potentially five more suspects to investigate in two more cases, but these are opposed by the prime minister and others.

"Just a few of them is not enough, so I want Case 003 and others ," said In Vuthy, a civil party complainant in the upcoming trial, who had 11 relatives die under the Khmer Rouge. 
"Otherwise, I won't be fully satisfied and can't heal my mental wounds. Only when I get the truth of why they killed my family members will I get justice." VOA Khmer's Say Mony reports from Phnom Penh.

No comments: